Friday, January 18, 2013

More Love

I realized about 90 seconds after publishing yesterday's post that it was far too Negative Nancy for me... So, I thought that the best way to remedy that (without removing the post and pretending nothing included in it even exists), was to post something super positive and uplifting.
That doesn't mean that none of those things I listed yesterday aren't happening, because unfortunately they are, but I don't want to be that girl or have that blog that is just one downer post after the other..
So...! I will share something with you that I have been working on recently.
This month will be my 4th month as a subscribing member of the More Love Letters Team in August. I had seen a story about this group online and was immediately drawn to it. At the start of each mouth, I and the all of other subscribers receive an email with a short blurb about the hardships of the person they want to surprise with a bundle of anonymous "love" letters. Usually it is you sending words of encouragement and empathy and hope to someone who needs the reminder.
I seem to not be explaining this very well.. so here is a portion of their explanation
so what is a love letter bundle? Each month, we send out a “call for love letters” for an unsuspecting receiver (or in this case, receivers) in need of a little handwritten goodness. You will then have TWO WEEKS to send over a card or letter to the More Love Letters PO Box. We’ll bundle the letters and mail them all together to a lucky, lucky mailbox with an explanation note from MoreLoveLetters.com on top. It’s simple. It takes 5 minutes. And really, what’s better than a monthly pinning of “heart to page” for someone who truly needs some love and syllables? So gather your friends, your students, your coworkers or church group, and take on the monthly mission together!
Anyways, I just fell in love with this idea immediately... being the journal fiend and still being someone that would much rather receive snail mail than anything else... this project is right up all my alleys. They also encourage people to leave Love Letters in random public places for anyone to pick up... as there really isn't anyone who wouldn't benefit from such an act of kindness. I have left several letters at Barnes and Noble in books and on cafe tables... and have actually had a lot of fun with it...
By no means do I want to push people into doing this... But if this seems like something that you might want to do, you can get all of the information Here on their website.

Phew, this is much happier than yesterday. Don't fret. I'm not going depressing on you all.