Friday, January 4, 2013

Lucky '13

Here we go again. Another Jan. Another List of Goals. I know that people are usually either all about making resolutions or are pretty adamant about not making them. I guess I get around feeling like it's a Pass-Fail type deal by changing the word I use from "resolutions" to "goals." For whatever reason that seems to work for me. Other than my Books To-Read and Gratitude goal, I feel like I can continue to push away from my Little Miss Perfect tendencies by removing a specific # goal, as it seems easier to miss the mark and then therefore use that as fuel to the Why-I-Suck-At-Life argument.
So, here are my
Lucky 13 in '13
1. Read 65 Books- Take 2. I would have loved to increase my reading goal again this year. But, I figure that upping it when I didn't reach my last goal is just asking for disappointment. And, although it isn't a requirement, I would like one of those 65 books to be the 1488 page monster of the unabridged Les Miserables. 
2. Read the entire Book of Mormon- again
3. Get back on the Dating Horse- This makes me nervous. But I know that the longer I continue to avoid this becuase of the train wreck of my relationship attempt with D, the longer I will keep up my Spinster act and keep getting closer to the life of a Cat Lady. 
4. Blog at least once a week
5. Submit my Nursing school application- Don't be a little bitch Steph. It's time to just Get 'er done!
6. Make a 2013 Fave Moments Jar- I'm excited to do this one as it is sort of crafty (which I loathe), but it is still a bit journal-esque. You get a Mason Jar and when you have a day or a experience or a moment that mattered (for whatever reason) you write it down on a strip of paper and stick it in the jar. Then on New Years Eve this year, you open the jar and reminisce on the best of the year.
7. Take a spontaneous road trip- I have wheels now! Where should I go?
8. Sign up for a dance class- or Zumba class... or a class at Motiv8. 
9. Find at least one thing to be grateful for every day. Keep a Gratitude Journal
10. Keep a Daily Gratitude Journal. Find 365 unique things I am grateful for.
11. Pick an organization I believe in and regularly volunteer
12. Participate in a Color Run 5K- Marco did it last year and it looks like too much fun to pass up. Either here in Utah or maybe I'll head back to Cali and run it with Marco. 
13. Reach the 2 year mark out of Le Mansion. Become "real" friends with Tash!- September 6th can't come fast enough!

I know that due to my inconsistency in posting on this blog, I may not have many people that still read it.. But, anyone who does... Do you have any goals/resolution for this year? I would love to see what you are wanting to experience over the next 12 months.