Friday, January 4, 2013

Daily Deals

I have found yet another thing to become addicted to. I know. Super Proud moment for me right?
WRONG
At the end of November I subscribed to the Kindle Daily Deal email. It's pretty much exactly what the title says... Every morning between 2 and 4:30 AM I get a lovely email telling me which books are going to be on Going-Out-Of-Business status prices of $1.99 or less for that 24 hours. It is almost always 1 Fiction novel, 1 Science Fiction/Fantasy novel, One Romance novel and a children or teens book. 
Romance novels for me are automatically out as you will never catch me reading that garbage. Picture books for kids, not my thing either. So, mostly I vie for the Fiction and Teen novels, opening the email at whatever ungodly hour that I wake up in the middle of the night, sift through those 4 gems, then happily doze back off. The books aren't always ones that I have heard of.. But I am actually quite surprised at how many books that I have wanted to read pop up. Books that maybe I wouldn't really want to pay $15 for at a bookstore, but I'll gladly devour it for $2. 
Anyway, 
All I'm saying is that since I have signed up I have purchased 17 novels in just over a month. BAH!!! I already have 250+ novels on my Goodreads To-Read list
so I DON'T NEED any more help, Amazon!!! 
I overwhelm myself with books on my shelf and books on my Kindle that I just want to get through and read, but by adding another novel into the mix every other day practically is just making that pile tower higher. There just aren't enough hours in a day for all the words I want to savor. Looking at my Kindle home page with my list of books this morning, I spent like 30 minutes reading the first chapter or so in like 7 books to try and decide who was next up. 

Who am I kidding?
I love getting these emails. It's like a Goody Grab Bag, or Dumpster diving for books every day. and who doesn't love that?