Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Flight


Next Tuesday, April 6th, my bestie Brie is going to have a gathering of friends and loved ones in order to honor the life and loss of her baby girl Kendall. We are going to release white balloons; pure, whole, angelic in her memory. It is amazing to see how many people are there to rally around her, letting her know how much we all love her and Kendall.
I am so proud of her for taking that step to face the pain of her loss and turn it into something freeing and healing. For those of you who have walked my journey with me over the last year and a half, you know that I have struggled to find a way to tribute and memorialize my daddy. I have spent more time trying to accept and deal with the injustice and cruelty surrounding his death that I have neglected to celebrate his life. I hope one day to be able to have my own "official goodbye," but I am feeling so grateful that I get to take a small step in that direction by holding the hand of a friend I have pretty much adopted as a sister while she bears her pain, takes a deep breath and lets the string fly.