Sunday, November 29, 2009

Reunion Reflection

So, last night I got the chance to go out to dinner with some of my Mansion friends.
One is outpatient like me
One currently doing Daypatient
One who is Inpatient (and out on pass with us)
and lil' ol Me...

We had a lot of fun together and it was good to catch up.
It was cool though to watch and get a glimpse at my progress.

It was while I was watching and talking with the girl currently IP that I was better able to see what I looked like when I was in her shoes. Full of anger at the world, confused, irrational at times and still speaking through the voice of addiction.
I am still guilty of being in that place at times but it really helped me to be aware of the changes that I have made and find more clarity.
It made me grateful that I went through the Mansion, came out the other side a different person and am able to continue growing now. and while there are definate moments when the safety of the Mansion makes living there more desireable, I am grateful that I am not back there now... That, as Sammy says, I am 'fighting the fight' in the real world.