Friday, November 27, 2009

Dora's Adoption Agency

It seems so cliche to me to talk about gratitude on Thanksgiving,
so for now.... I wont.

It is absolutely amazing to me how talented I am at seeming social without actually interacting or truly "being" with other people.
I have been at work and with others for most of the day but I haven't really said anything or been involved.

I have come to know that together or apart, this week is about family
(both blood relatives and those that we've chosen to adopt into our lives)
It has proven to be more difficult than I thought it would be by not being around my siblings on this Gobble Day.
Joy is the only word that comes to mind when thinking about the people that I have "adopted." So often I catch myself feeling alone or like my "real family" is missing.
But through this adoption, I have family everywhere.
In CA, AZ, CT, WA, TX, UT, Mexico, Spain, Heaven... and even though I don't see them much, nor am I with them today for Thanksgiving,
just knowing that I have them, keeps Ms. Lonely away.

This makes me grateful.
and therefore cliche,
which I guess I am okay with now.