Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Rainyday Reader


I know that this is my second topical post in less than 24 hours which is just abnormal... But...

I just finished reading this book today and thought it was worth it to share my recommendation.

It is a memoir written by a mother-daughter duo about their journey to happiness and a lasting relationship with each other. Mother(Claire) is a writer, daughter(Mia) a lost teenage runaway, and together they are a dysfunctional pair. This was written after Mia gets home from a longterm stint at a therapeutic school for adolescents and shows the diary-like entries from both women about the same days. They are half a world apart from each other and it shows how hard they both work, what they learn and how much you can change. It is sad, unbelieably funny and, in my opinion, relatable to ANY woman with a mother... yup. ;) Think about that one. Anywho.. worth reading in my eyes.

Onto my next literary victim...