Friday, July 24, 2009

Finally


I
am pretty excited to actually start this page. I decided about two weeks ago that I wanted to start a blog and was very eager to get it going. When I went to sign up, I hit my first snag...
The blog needed a name....

For most people this seems quite simple, but perfectionist little-ol' me, I had to take this task to the extreme. I started writing 'blogs' on my computer to put up once I decided what to call the darned thing, and then proceeded to spend a week of evenings looking up words, recalling sayings and nicknames that would make this space truly mine. Something memorable, creative and fitting to what I wanted to say.

All of this research quickly led into snag #2... I had too many names and words that I liked. Next couple of nights consisted of more blogging via Microsoft word and trying to narrow down this now obscene list of title/url possibilities.

Finally last night, somewhere in my brain, the rational me said, 'ok its time to stop the madness' and just pick one. I have more blogs ready to go up than I care to admit, but no home for them because I have unheardof standards for myself. I looked at my list of names, picked #3 down (my fave number) for each and signed in. A bit anticlimactic if you ask me, but...

Here it is. Welcome. Whether the name is "perfect" or not, creative enough or not... it's here. The first while there may be multiple posts in a day to get some of the others up that I still want to share. Whether anyone else reads, comments or even likes this...
I am here and this is me
.